Ir al contenido principal

Seventh Journal


In fifth grade, this week I had planned that students make their own passport creatively because since we are talking about other countries, it is important teaching them that having an international passport is important to travel. I took to the class two different templates of passports, they could choose what they prefer, and make it a similar one. There was a big problem in this class because I just had two sheets of paper and I pasted them on the board but they are 32 students so it was really difficult for them to see the templates since the papers were small. The students were all the time standing up to see better the papers, they stand in front of other classmates, so it was really difficult for them to work in this way. However, at the end of the class most of the objectives were accomplished since they make their international passport, and write their personal information.
The other objectives which were to present their passport to their classmates sharing the written information, it was impossible to carry out because students spent all the class making the passport and decorating it. They drew themselves in the space of the photo and write all the important personal information.
What I would change for this class if I could have the opportunity to do it again, would be the way I organized the classroom. I would put students in groups at least of 5 members. Each group would have a template so they could see it more closely and they didn’t have to stand up all the time.

In third grades, this week I had planned to make an art and craft activity where students had to create their own monster puppet, I wanted to focus on monster because these were the last days of October when Halloween is celebrated. I carried to the class some templates that I had created for students to have a guide to make their own. However, it was impossible to carry out these classes because there was a celebration that student-teachers from La Normal School had prepared for all the students. In that way, I just made a raffle so some students could get the puppets I made.  Anyway, I stayed at school and enjoy the activities and games with the students. It was a great day.

Comentarios