In fifth grade, this week we worked on the second session of my
innovation plan. It consisted on showing the students a story tale called The
Gingerbread Man. First, I showed some images for students to organize them in
the correct sequence. Also, they watched the video of the story, in that way,
they recognized all the characters and settings. Something innovative for them
was the way in which I show the story, while I was reading I was showing the
images using a kamishibai theater. They were really engaged with the story
because they know this tale in their mother tongue. Besides, it was good for
them to create their own ending, so they could have the opportunity to work in
groups and communicate their ideas to have an agreement and create the best
ending. I felt good in this class since
all students were paying attention to the story and wanted to participate in the tasks
so it was easy to have control of the class when they are interested in the
activities. In conclusion, I wouldn’t
change anything from this class.
The classes I taught in third grades were about learning different vegetables.
My plan was to show to the student the vegetable vocabulary through images, also,
asking them questions such as “do you like vegetables?” What vegetables do you
know?” What vegetable do you like?” In this way, they were able to learn the
oral and written form of the new vocabulary. Besides, we played a game called
The Fruit Shop, students could touch the fruits and play using the vocabulary.
They enjoyed a lot this game because this was something new for them.
In conclusion, I need to find a way to improve classroom
management, I still have to work on the noise in the classroom since this kind of activities let students talk too much. On the other hand, the use of images
and videos in the classroom have been really useful tools to reinforce the vocabulary of the lesson.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario